Does Digital Marketing Work?
In 2017 one of my clients advised me that he was planning to sell his business and asked if I would be willing to analyze his financial statements.
He asked because I was once the CFO of a disaster restoration company and he wanted my opinion on his P/L and Balance Sheet.
After carefully reviewing his statements I realized that his business doubled since we began working together.
Looking back, I realized that his sales doubled because of the strategy I implemented for him. Up until about the summer of 2015, this client was investing primarily in Google AdWords to generate leads. After learning more about his business and auditing his website I recommended the implementation of a longer term digital marketing strategy designed to build brand awareness, digital word of mouth, and trust in his service area. After consulting with the client, he decided to discontinue the investment in Google AdWords and let me implement the long term digital marketing strategy I recommended based primarily on content marketing. Statistically speaking:
- Businesses that blog get 126% more lead growth.
- Websites with blog content end up with 434% more search engine-indexed pages than other business sites that don’t publish content. In short, content marketing will build long term organic search for your business.
- Blogging builds trust. In fact, 6 out of 10 consumers make purchases because of blogs and sharing on social media.
The purpose of this article is to answer the top 5 questions I encounter from current and prospective clients about digital marketing. In addition, I also list the top 7 statistics on content marketing, the strategy I used to help my client double his sales.
Should I implement a digital marketing strategy?
Yes, you should. Many contractors have websites, which is great. But there is no point in having a website if you do not have a proactive strategy to bring visitors to your website.
How do I know that it works?
A digital marketing strategy, implemented correctly, will increase the number of visitors to your website, which will translate into leads. Sales data proves this. Patience, is the key.
Which strategy do you recommend the most?
I recommend content marketing, sometimes referred to as inbound marketing. Statistically speaking, content marketing is the strategy you need to invest in today to stay competitive.
Top 7 Content Marketing Statistics
- Content marketing has lower up-front costs and deeper long-term benefits than paid search. (Source: Kapost)
- Content marketing costs 62% less than outbound marketing and generates 3x as many leads. (Source: Demandmetric)
- Almost half of 18-49 year-old people get their news and information online. Social media, blogs, and search engines – these places are where you’ll find users who want to get informed. These channels also happen to be where content marketing does most of its work. (Source: Pew Research Centre)
- Small businesses that blog get 126% more lead growth than small businesses that do not blog. A whopping 77% of internet users read blogs. Combine that stat with the fact that small businesses with blogs see more lead growth.
- 61% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog. Content marketing builds trust in a way that no other method can match. Building trust over time means consumers pay attention and listen to your brand’s voice. (Source: Impact)
- Content marketing rakes in conversion rates six times higher than traditional marketing for converting people into leads and leads into customers. Content marketing may require more time, patience, and effort over the long haul, but the rewards are far greater.
- Populating websites with blog content is how you end up with 434% more search engine-indexed pages than other business sites that don’t publish content. The result of content creation: You have lots of little pathways sprinkled over the internet that lead back to your site. And, the more content you create around topics relevant to your audience, the better your chances of boosting traffic from search and nabbing conversions. (Source: TechClient)
Content marketing is the present and future of marketing. It’s efficient, compelling, and subtly persuasive. It also can be less expensive. Best of all, it works, as these statistics prove beyond a doubt. Of course, like any strategy, content marketing requires skill, persistence, and consistency to work. This is perhaps the No. 1 secret to getting results like those outlined. You have to work for it. But, it is worth the investment.
What is the return on investment (ROI)?
The ROI multiplies over time because this is a long term strategy. Think of your investment as a stock investment whose value grows over time.
Do you have data to back up results from this strategy?
Up until now, the only data I could back up was anecdotal based on more than 7 years of experience marketing in this industry. Today, I have data to back this up which I present in the free digital marketing course I am offering.
The purpose of this e-mail course is to share with you how I helped one of my clients double their sales in 24 months with the content marketing strategy I implemented for him. This course provides you with sales and other statistical data to demonstrate that if you honestly commit to the strategy I recommend, then you will gain tangible results. In addition, this course also provides you with the tactics and implementation plan. To learn more about the course and sign up for FREE, click here.
About Sanjay Gupta
Sanjay is a marketing professional with over 20 years of experience in both traditional marketing and digital marketing. His digital marketing agency specializes in helping disaster restoration professionals increase their brand awareness and online lead generation using content marketing on topics related to mold removal, asbestos abatement, water damage restoration, fire and smoke restoration, and bio-hazard. In addition to providing marketing services to several restoration contractors, Sanjay is also the CEO of CitriFresh Distribution, a chemical distribution company that helps disaster restoration contractors increase their profits and also offers coaching and consulting services.
— Sanjay Gupta (@teaconnexions) March 20, 2018